COMPANY: C. F. Smith Property Group, LLC
POSITION: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Rockingham and Pinehurst, NC
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all operational accounting functions and processes across the C. F. Smith Property Group portfolio of commercial retail real estate holdings. These holdings include approximately 40 companies owning 125 properties and serving over 200 leasing tenants.
We are seeking a professional that has experience in tax accounting and is ready to help manage a small team of accounting and administrative staff members. The position will report directly to the Controller and is available immediately. We put an emphasis on communication, organizational, creativity, pleasant personality, and technical skills for this position. Above all, we are looking for a strong fit within the family fabric of our firm’s culture. This position offers a professional the opportunity to be a leader with a growing and successful commercial real estate firm that will present new challenges and opportunities. This person will manage business operations accounting and manage financing activities and transactions for real estate assets.
Business Accounting: Primarily responsible for managing the efficient and accurate processing of all accounting related functions across the operating companies and portfolio of entities, properties, and leases.
- Manage and oversee accounting operations.
- Manage and support the Financial Services accounting team.
- Provide timely feedback of team’s performance.
- Work closely with Controller and CFO to establish quarterly goals.
- Prepare initial financials needed for lender and tax compliance.
- Oversee cash flow management and reporting
- Assist Controller in the annual budgeting process.
- Understand variances from the budget and report significant issues to Controller.
- Monitor the system of controls over accounting processes and transactions to enhance accuracy, performance, and efficiency.
- Oversee financial accounting processes and systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivables, account reconciliation processes, purchase orders, invoice processing, etc., including processes and procedures to:
- Ensure that accounts payable are approved and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected.
- Ensure that monthly bank recs are timely completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Prepare and post any necessary journal entries which are material in a timely manner.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Oversight of accurate and timely tenant TICAM billings and reconciliations.
Property Purchase Sale and Loan Transactions:
- Participate in all financing activities and property transactions, working with the Team to process and prepare documentation as needed.
- Coordination of loan closing processes. Work with Controller to ensure all required documentation has been collected and filed.
- Assist Controller in management of annual lender asset reviews including providing required documents, financial statements, and other asset reports.
- Participate in property transaction closings, review closing statements and documents and ensure closing files are complete.
Tax Compliance / Planning:
- Prepare annual financials for Controller review.
- Assist Controller in managing deadlines for all entities.
- Participate in strategic tax planning projects with Controller, CFO, and third-party accountants.
- This candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, professional accounting experience, and knowledge of tax, accrual, and GAAP accounting methods.
- Strong preference for candidates that hold Certificate in Public Accounting (CPA) license.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must exercise honesty and respect with company employees, clients, vendors, and tenants.
- Demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions and exercise initiative to take responsibility of engaging in tasks and completing in an efficient and quality manner.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and coordinate with various levels of staff and outside vendors and client representatives.
Above all, we are looking for a strong fit within the family fabric of our firm’s culture. To fit the CFSPG culture, candidates must possess the ability to consistently live up to each of the CFSPG Core Values:
- Integrity – Operate with moral principles, honesty, and respect, especially when no one is watching.
- Service – Listening, understanding, and executing on the needs of our clients above all else.
- Creativity – Consistently turning complex problems into creative solutions that add value.
- Growth – Get comfortable being uncomfortable through innovation, evolution, and improvement. Push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Commitment – Hard work, quality, and consistency are commitments that are never compromised.
- Team – Supporting and improving each other to achieve our common purpose.
- Passion – Bring excitement and a positive energy to the position and toward the purpose.
Compensation is dependent upon candidate qualifications, experience, and fit. Base salary will be commensurate with the level of experience and in line with market expectations for similar companies and positions in the geographic region.
C. F. Smith Property Group is a privately held, family-owned business in Rockingham and Pinehurst, NC, specializing in commercial real estate development, investment, and management. Our 55-year history has produced a diverse portfolio consisting of retail shopping centers, single tenant assets, office buildings, medical clinics, restaurants, solar farms, golf course resorts, and multifamily projects. C. F. Smith Property Group and affiliates currently holds over $200 million in assets within its portfolio and has developed over 10 million square feet of commercial and residential space. C. F. Smith Property Group uses primarily internal equity funding for its projects. While the firm has holdings in 21 states, it is predominantly focused on Southeast markets.
Interested applicants can submit their resume with cover letter to email@example.com.