Manufacturing Engineer - nVent
It’s a great time to join nVent as we are growing and investing heavily in plant digitization and modernization.
You will be part of our lean manufacturing team which produces our ERICO brand of products within our Electrical & Fastening Solutions Segment. Our ERICO brand is a global leader in power and data infrastructure solutions. We serve several high growth markets such as power utilities, data centers, and smart buildings/infrastructure.
More info can be found at: https://www.nvent.com/en-us/our-brands/ERICO
Relocation assistance is available if you do not already live in this beautiful part of North Carolina!
In this position, you will get to:
- Collaborate with manufacturing and maintenance in key projects and act as a change agent where necessary.
- Plan and perform a variety of duties involved in design, development, and continuous improvement of production machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Advise and assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting equipment problems and machine repairs.
- Develop and implement plans for cost reduction and plant efficiency improvements.
- Support the operations team’s daily production of high quality ground rods by providing technical information, documentation, guidance and through participating as a cross-functional team member to help resolve issues relating to manufacturing.
- Support the operations team’s success of the day-to-day production activities including: maintenance, equipment troubleshooting, cost routing, quality plans, etc.
- Lead Lean improvements for manufacturing cells for areas of responsibility across 5 key categories: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Cash (SQDCC)
- Engage in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in process improvement (Lean, Six Sigma) concepts and methods along with the flexibility and adaptability to accept, support, and deploy new processes in a changing business environment.
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Excel program experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Must possess the ability to work effectively with others (giving and receiving direction) and work independently and unsupervised.
- Adapting to rapidly changing business circumstances; must be able to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing time/workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
Benefits - we have you covered for health, wealth, and life!
- Comprehensive total compensation package including competitive base salary and bonus!
- Challenging and rewarding work!
- Personal and professional growth opportunities!
- Excellent health plan that includes medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, disability, Life/AD&D, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts!
- 401(k) with 5% company match!
- Three weeks vacation to start!
- Employee stock purchase plan!
- Paid parental leave!
- And so much more!
Link to apply: https://nvent.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nVent/job/Aberdeen-NC-US/Manufacturing-Engineer_R6087