Tired of working long 12-hour shifts in a high volume, high stress, fast paced healthcare environment? Do you have a passion for helping people, or you love to see youth and young adults work hard to reach their full potential? We have a position for you! Come work in a highly supportive family like rural setting and work with smaller student body sizes than traditional public schools as a Registered Nurse for our Boys Residential Academy located in Candor, NC.
- Monday through Thursday 10-hour day shift, with Holidays and Weekends Off
- Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
- 11 paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid short-term and voluntary long-term disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Meals provided when on duty
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clients with professional health services; to include sick call, regular medical assessments, dental needs, daily triage of injuries and illnesses, record review, health screening and health education.
- Monitor and/or administer medications, document adverse effects of the medication, and any test that may be required for each medication. As needed, obtain prescription re-fills in timely fashion to maintain client medication needs.
- Create and maintain Medication Administration Sheets for each client, monitoring for any missing signatures, medication errors, etc.
- Maintain “Controlled Drug Book”.
- Participate in treatment team staffing as needed.
- Advise social services staff of necessary health services.
- As required or assigned, transport clients to medical appointments.
- Requires Registered Nurse Diploma or degree. Must have and maintain current and appropriate Registered Nurse licensure in the state where employed.
- Two years of school, correctional, doctor’s office, camp, industrial, or public health experience preferred. Experience working pediatric/adolescent patient care preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of child / adolescent related illness. Must be CPR certified.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Boys Residential Academy at Candor
500 E-Ku-Sumee Road | Candor, NC 27229
About Our Program
Eckerd Connects' Short-Term Juvenile Justice Residential program is a complete rehabilitative experience delivered in 4 to 6 months to adjudicated male youth, ages 13 to 17, referred by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Juvenile Justice. This residential treatment concept combines promising and evidence-based practices with a strong family transition component and signifies a public-private partnership with the Division of Juvenile Justice which has produced an innovative shift in the way youth are served in North Carolina's juvenile justice system. Intensive, short-term services include individualized treatment and academic plans that combine formal and experiential education, community service, behavioral health, and family counseling in a non-punitive environment designed to address the youth's behavioral challenges through a strength-based approach. Youth also receive accredited education on-site and work together in small group settings with assigned counselors.
Please follow the links for more information about this program: https://eckerd.org/juvenile-justice-services/residential-services/short-term-residential-services/
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.*CB