Weymouth Center for the Arts & Humanities
Non-Profit Organizations/Civic Clubs
- 555 E. Connecticut Ave. Southern Pines NC 28387
- (910) 692-6261
- Send Email
- Visit online: Weymouth Center
Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 10AM to 2PM.
The grounds are open daily from sunrise to sunset.
The home of James and Katharine Boyd is now the Weymouth Center for the Arts & Humanities, a cultural center dedicated to conserving the remaining 26 acre estate as a natural preserve and park, including the formal gardens designed by Alfred Yeomans, and the longleaf pine forest. The Boyd house, a 9,000 sf Georgian mansion, still serves as a writers residency, the site of poetry readings, dramatic performances, music concerts and recitals. James Boyd’s study is the home of the North Carolina Literary Hall of Fame, established in 1996.
Please visit the website for more history and information about the Boyds and the Weymouth property.
- Event Venue
- Beautiful gardens and grounds
- Music, Literature, Visual Arts
- Home of the Moore County Hounds
- Historic home of author James Boyd designed by architect Aymar Embury II